Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mysterious Lace cont'd


Perfect title. While I was knitting up this shawl, it looked pretty, kind of squishy and the pattern looked good, the edges were funky, but I kept knitting on because I kept reading that once it's blocked......well, you know the rest.

So I persevered, and voila, magic. I stand in awe. Please don't take this as bragging. There are mistakes that only I know about. This is my first lace project, and I have learned so much. I was so nervous about the whole blocking because once you wet lace, it's just a lump of fragile, and I mean fragile fibers intertwined. After too many pins to count and numerous adjustments, I left it alone, let it air dry on my bed and here it is..... I really hope that my aunt will like it. Every row I knitted has been blessed with a prayer so that she may find peace one day after her tragic loss.

No comments: