Thursday, March 27, 2008

Not about socks

This made me so sad when I got this e-mail. I am still in disbelief. You know those ball pits, that, I'm sure, everyone has let their child play in at least one time, well two little boys died after playing in them. One had a welt, what looked like a splinter underneath, which turned out to be the tip of a hypodermic needle with heroine. The other little boy died from numerous snake bites, yes snake bites. When they cleaned out the pit, they found a copper head snake in there, as well as feces, rotten food, vomit and who knows what else. The same was found at the other ball bit, with the exception of the snake, but the needles took that place.

I can't even imagine what these parents are going through. Those pits are cleaned out, but once a month, if that. This is too scary and disgusting at the same time. When my kids were little, they always played in those pits whenever we were at McDonalds, Chuck-e-Cheese or Discovery Zone. Yes, they always got sick, a stomach virus or a bad cold, and I thought that was bad. So if anyone reads this blog, please don't let your kids play in those pits. Maybe you already know about these incidences, but I just found out and had to vent.

May God bless those families.

No comments: